Sunday, June 20, 2010

Happy Father’s Day…

Happy Father’s Day to all you wonderful Dad’s.  Before I give you a glimpse into our Father’s Day, I want to share what we did yesterday. 

I woke up at 6 am.  Couldn’t sleep!  I made coffee, started some laundry, and organized the closet.  Kenz woke up around 7 pm and we started off cleaning and sanitizing the whole house.  There has been lots of un-ending dust since construction was still going on.  After we finished that, we got cleaned up (you saw the video below of her singing in the shower).  We headed to Target for Father’s Day presents and Bailey’s birthday present.  Kenz picked it out all by herself, Bailey.  I hope you like it.  ; )  We came back home, unloaded shopping bags and headed to Mandy’s for crabs.  Then I took her to meet Jared for Alex Hock’s graduation party.  CONGRAT’S ALEX.  Makenzie told me she thinks he is cute, so she is shy around him and wont give him a hug. ha ha  I headed over to Pam Lowery’s for Stef’s birthday party.  Finally we were at home watching Shrek, again, by 8:30 pm.  We were both out by 9:30 pm.  Here are some pictures from yesterday…
Mandy, I know we always talk about how much trouble we are going to be in when these girls get older, but here is a REAL glimpse into the future. 
004
 007 009 010 011 013
And here she is, watching Shrek.  SO tired, sporting her Hello Kitty PJ’s (you’ll see why she chose her Hello Kitty PJ’s when you scroll down and read about Sunday morning).
014 015
This morning we woke up early so that I could put press on nails, on Kenzie’s nails.  She got them at Target yesterday.  They are Hello Kitty.  Once she got to Sunday School, I saw they were using finger paint to make a Father’s Day present, I thought… “Oh No”.  I heard her telling the teacher she couldn’t participate b/c she didn’t want to lose a nail.  BUT, she ended up making her Dad the present after a little resistance, says her teacher.  She also almost lost a nail down the sink while washing her hands.  Thank goodness one of the other children caught it before it bit the dust.  Once I got back to the nursery to pick her up, the teacher handed me a lunch bag full of the press on nails.  They had all fallen off.  And this is what Kenzie made for Jared.
025
Found this picture in Blake and Tara's wedding Pictures and wanted to add it.  I thought it was nice!

017 Kenzie and Papa
After church, we headed to Gilligan’s for dinner. 
019 020 021
Funny faces…
022 023 
And the most important picture of all, is the one with her Daddy… Where is it you ask?  Well, she won’t let us take one.  Her Dad is trying to take one as I write this.  She is tired and keeps crying when he tries.  So, we’ll see if she complies in a bit.  Fortunately, I have some on my computer.  Not of today, but very special memories. 
This is my personal all time FAV!
daddy and makenzie in hospital
022
006
064
100_0184
113
Happy Father’s Day Jared!!!  Your an amazing Father and Kenzie is very lucky.  Enjoy your special day!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I need to fix my blog roll so I get your updates! She is super cute and that is too funny the bag of nails!

The Steinhauser Fam{ily} said...

OMG, where did you get that little John Deere Go-Cart?? Carter needs one of those LOL! Glad you guys had a great Fathers Day! Good seeing you at church :)