Thursday, March 18, 2010

March of Dimes 2010...

UPDATE:  Please look at added pictures of Makenzie on my St. Patrick's Day post.  THANK YOU SOOOO much Diana for taking them and sending them to me.  : )

As most of you already know, Makenzie and I will be participating in the March of Dimes fund raiser this year.  My beloved Blogger Mom's have joined too.  Mandi started a team this week. Unfortunately I am on a different team, but we are all in this together.  A few weeks ago I joined Stephanie Robertson's team who has been doing this for the last five years.  I told myself at the beginning of this year I wanted to start doing two things : 
1) Build a stronger/closer relationship with God
2) Get involved in charities and do more to help both those I know and those I do not know.
Besides donating to Haiti, March of Dimes was presented to me and I jumped on the chance.  I want to do this also to show Makenzie the importance of helping others in need. 
I am excited to say I am walking with three of my very best friends... Kelly, Mandy and Autumn.  I told Kelly about it yesterday and she joined immediately, knowing that it would only be possibly 2 weeks after Ethan enters the world.  So I pray that she an Ethan will actually be able to come along.  Come on Ethan!
Our team name is Southern Maryland B's.  I believe this has been Stephanie's team name for several years.  Stephanie ordered our shirts and our shirts will look like this:
And the children's shirts will look like this:

I think the shirts are cute.  I am very excited about this and look forward to it.  Especially being able to walk next to a lot of my very good friends.  It is so uplifting.

5 comments:

Mandi said...

I love you! So proud of you. & those are very cute shirts! :)

Karen Reitz-Wood said...

Thanks Mandi. ; ) Love you too!

Diana said...

You are more than welcome :)

The Kmieciak's said...

Yay! Can't wait to walk it out with you B!!

Karen Reitz-Wood said...

Me either Jen!!!