Monday, January 25, 2010

What’s Been Going on in January???

 

We celebrated the New Year at Granny and Grandpa’s as we do every year.  Granny and Grandpa made an amazing meal, as always.  We opened up stocking and had dessert also.

 

On the Martin Luther King holiday weekend Makenzie and I were about to leave the house to go run errands.  She asked me “Mommy, are we going to see the King?”  I was puzzled by what she meant and asked her “What King, Makenzie?”  She said “You know ‘The King?’ Ms. Debbie said it was his birthday.  So are we going to see him?”  She thought since it was Martin Luther King’s birthday, we needed to visit him.  That took some explaining and I think she understood.

 

Lately when she is upset or I don’t let her do something she shouldn’t  she protest by say “but Mommy, you just don’t understand… You don’t understand me.”  It is cute and makes it hard not to smile.

 

Good news, after a VERY long wait… Makenzie and I go to closing on our first home this Friday.  Please pray for us on our new adventure.  We need all the prayer we can get.  I am very nervous and excited.  I know everything will work out fine, but prayer always helps.  I would also like to thank everyone who has been praying for us.  I am hoping once I get settled in our new home, everything will settle down and I can keep my blogging to an every day thing.

0 comments: